PHABRIX released the new AV Delay Generation and Analysis option for PHABRIX Sx handheld instruments. It offers an end-to-end solution for the measurement of audio to video differential delay through a broadcast chain.
Although SDI feeds hold both video and audio data, this does not mean that the video and audio are automatically in-sync. Variously referred to as a lip sync error or AV delay, offsets can create a noticeable issue for the viewer.
Any active processing equipment can introduce an error in AV timing, but compensation may only be possible at the system level. Understanding the AV delay through broadcast workflows is a priority.
The tool not only provides a real-time update of the differential delay between the video content and the selected audio channel pair but can also be used to measure the propagation, or pipeline delay, of video and audio content
AV Delay Generation
- EBU Tech 3305 AV delay test pattern adapted for use with all Sx supported video formats
- A cycle time of approximately two seconds
- AV Delay audio insertion selectable on up to 16 embedded audio channels plus AES out
- Audio delay control, allowing adjustment of audio to video generator timing in video frame step sizes
AV Delay Analysis
- EBU and Lawo modes of operation providing compatibility with third party tools
- Real time AV delay measurement upto +/-400ms in 0.1ms steps (accuracy = 1ms)
- Audio source select for measurement – Embedded audio pair or AES
- Fast measurement time
Available on the PHABRIX SxA, SxD & SxE handheld instruments
- SxA: Portable 3G/HD/SD Generation, Analysis & Video/Audio Monitoring
- SxD: Portable dual-link 3G/HD/SD-SDI Generation, Analysis & Video/Audio Monitoring
- SxE: Portable 3G/HD/SD Generation, Analysis & Monitoring with Advanced Physical Layer Analysis
- Sx TAG*: Portable hybrid IP/SDI + Analog Generation, Analysis & Video/Audio Monitoring
*Upcoming software release
« To the list of news