AJA Video Systems announced the new routers in the KUMO lineup at NAB 2018. Designed for use in broadcast, production and ProAV environments, the KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G support large format resolutions, and high frame rate (HFR) and deep color formats, while reducing cable runs when transporting 4K/UltraHD over SDI.
The routers offer network-based and/or physical control, and mirror the compact physical form of AJA’s production-proven KUMO 3232 and KUMO 1616 routers, adding a new USB port for configuring IP addresses via AJA’s eMini-Setup software. Multi-port Gang-routing also means the new 12G-SDI models are 8K ready.
Key feature highlights include:
- 12G-SDI inputs and outputs for up to 4K/UltraHD support at 60p
- Small, portable 2RU (3232) and 1RU (1616) form factors
- Single cable support for streamlined 4K/UltraHD signal routing
- Redundant power supply option
- Auto re-clocking SDI rates: 270 Mbps /1.483/1.485/2.967/2.970/5.934/5.940/11.868/11.880 Gbps
- Support for AJA KUMO Control Panels (hardware, with direct connect or networked)
- USB port to easily configure the router IP address and simplify initial network configurations
- Embedded web server for remote control on any standard web browser
“4K/UltraHD, HFR and deep color workflows have introduced new challenges for professionals and facilities by requiring more bandwidth, so we’ve expanded our line of KUMO routers to the latest 12G-SDI standard,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G pack the throughput and single cable simplicity of 12G-SDI into a compact router with a very high-density for 4K/UltraHD sources and destinations.”
KUMO 3232-12G will be available July 2018, and KUMO 1616-12G will be available June 2018.
« To the list of news