Engineering Service, Inc.
AJA Video Systems released Firmware v.1.1 update for HELO, AJA’s portable H.264 streaming and recording device. The firmware update will provide new functionality as well as other system enhancements to previously released versions.
HELO is AJA’s affordable and flexible new H.264 streaming and recording stand-alone appliance. HELO brings both SDI and HDMI I/O into a single appliance with the ability to simultaneously stream out to your Content Delivery Network (CDN) as well as encode and record l H.264 files to either SD, SDHC or SDXC cards, USB storage or NIFS or CIFS mounted network based storage simultaneously.
The firmware update now made available extends functionality of the system. HELO v1.1 release highlights include:
- A recording and streaming scheduler that can be programmed locally through HELO’s web UI by importing ICS files or linking to external calendar providers such as Google Calendar
- Simultaneous redundant recording of one file to two media destinations
- Increased recording file segment duration of 360 minutes for TS (transport stream) files
- Support for up to 10 RTSP streams
- REST API documentation describing how to automate basic HELO functions
- Automatic power-on start encoding to stream and/or record
- Auto-reconnect and resume after streaming disconnect
- RTP and MPTS over UDP streaming with unicast and multicast support
- Expanded support for Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and appliances
- Amino set-top boxes
- Wowza Appliance and Cloud
- Akamai and Akamai hosted services
The latest firmware update v1.1 for HELO is available for free download at AJA’s site.
« To the list of news