Engineering Service, Inc.
Sony launch HFR upgrade for PXW-FS5 (CBKZ-FS5HFR) allowing support for continuous 120fps High Frame Rate (HFR) shooting in 1080p. With the new paid license, users of the Sony PXW-FS5 will enable recording 120 frames per second super-slow motion in camera in Full HD. The flagship PXW-FS5 4K camera is currently limited to 1080/50/60 continuous slow-motion in camera.
NEW FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) by shooting in Hybrid Log-Gamma* (HLG) standard
- Support for continuous 120fps High Frame Rate (HFR) recording in 1080p with CBKZ-FS5HFR
- Option to change the minimum ISO sensitivity number to ISO 2000 from ISO 3200 when recording S-Log2/S-Log3
*4K: XAVC-Long 4:2:0 8-bit, HD: XAVC 4:2:2 10-bit
HFR FORMATS AVAILABLE WITH CBKZ-FS5HFR UPGRADE
- XAVC HD 1080/60p 50Mbps / 120fps Scan Frame-rate @ 1920x1080 59.94p
- XAVC HD 1080/30p 25Mbps / 120fps Scan Frame-rate @ 1920x1080 29.97p
- XAVC HD 1080/24p 25Mbps / 120fps Scan Frame-rate @ 1920x1080 23.98p
- XAVC HD 1080/50p 50Mbps / 100fps Scan Frame-rate @ 1920x1080 50p
- XAVC HD 1080/25p 25Mbps / 100fps Scan Frame-rate @ 1920x1080 25p
Availability for the HFR upgrade for PXW-FS5 is anticipated to start shipping at the End of July. Please note that this requires version 4.0 or higher firmware.
« To the list of news