A year after the announcement, Panasonic have released firmware version 5.0 for Varicam LT camera. Firmware version 5.0 adds 2K ProRes 4444 XQ format, as well as Variable Frame Rate (slow-motion) in ProRes 4444/4444 XQ. In addition you can now also shoot in-camera in the legendary Vittorio Storaro preferred “Univisium” 2.00:1 aspect ratio.
Varicam LT Firmware 5.0 Details:
- Expand ProRes recording
- Newly support 2K recording
- Newly added “ProRes 4444 XQ”, “ProRes 422 and “ProRes 422 LT”
- Newly support VFR in ProRes 4444/4444 XQ recording
- AVC-LongG G50/G25 recording support (HD only) & microP2 Adapter support
- “2.00:1” aspect can be selected for Frame Signal
- Enable to assign “VFR (ON/OFF)” to USER SW
- “Image Invert” & “Surround View” can be selected independently
- “Audio Level Meter” can be selected to display on SDI OUT
You can download firmware update v.5.0 for Varicam LT from Panasonic’s site.
« To the list of news