Engineering Service, Inc.
Sound Devices released a new version of Wingman App software (v3.10). It’s a wireless remote control and monitoring interface for the 6-Series line of field production mixer/recorders and MixPre Series of audio recorders/USB audio interfaces. Update 3.10 for the Sound Devices Wingman app is now available from the Google Play or Apple App store with additional sound report options for the MixPre-10T and various fixes!
NOTE: If using Wingman with a 6-Series mixer, updating Wingman to v3.00 requires 6-Series mixer/recorder's firmware v4.51 or later. WM-Connect is also required for 6-Series integration. If using Wingman with a MixPre recorder, ensure the MixPre-3, MixPre-6, or MixPre-10T is also running the latest MixPre Series firmware available.
Updates introduced in 3.10 include:
- Ability to create, edit and email sound reports for the MixPre-10T.
- iPhone X Safe Area is now implemented requiring that iOS 8 and earlier are no longer supported. Use iOS 9 or higher.
- Support for 20 character MixPre filename lengths.
- Meters that are not allowed to be named appeared to be editable e.g. 633 X3 and X4.
- iOS 11 was not notifying users that Bluetooth was disabled when Wingman was launched.
- Some Sound Report Info tab dropdown menus were displaying white text on white background making them impossible to read. (Android Only)
- Entering 37 or more characters in the Notes field would unexpectedly close Wingman. (Android Only)
- Various display issues with iPhone X.
« To the list of news